Monroe Police Department
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
Chief Keith White
To begin the Vendor/Solicitor/Peddler process, you must register with the Connecticut Criminal History Request System by following the below link.
FOR A MONROE VENDOR PERMIT (FOOD SALES)
ENTER SERVICE CODE E71A-AB53
FOR A MONROE SOLICITOR/PEDDLER PERMIT (DOOR TO DOOR SALES OR OTHER NON FOOD SALES
ENTER SERVICE CODE 9556-FFBE
*See below for example:
VENDOR PERMIT (FOOD SALES)
MONROE SOLICITOR/PEDDLER (DOOR TO DOOR SALES OR OTHER NON FOOD SALES)
Click here for Vendor/Solicitor Application.
VENDOR/SOLICITOR PERMIT REGULATIONS
1. Each individual person must have own permit.
2. Vendors must produce valid Connecticut State Sales Tax Permit at time of application.
3. Food vendors must apply and receive a food service license from the Monroe Health Department, 7 Fan Hill Road, Monroe CT 06468, (203) 452-2818 prior to acceptance of the permit. Click here and look under Environmental Health Forms and Applications for this information.
4. Vendors shall be fingerprinted and photographed at the Police Department.
5. Fee schedule: $50 for 7-day permit (two 7-day permits allowed per calendar year)
$200 for yearly permit, expiration December 31
6. Fee is payable upon issuance of permit. Only cash, bank check or money order accepted—no business checks. Checks should be made payable to Monroe Police Department.
7. Door-to-door vendors should not conduct business between the hours of 8:30 p.m. and 9 a.m.
8. Vendors must have valid State and Town permits displayed and must have valid Monroe Police Department badge on person at all times.
According to Monroe Town Code:
Transient Seller—stays in one place—no fee for non-profit organizations. Can set up in more than one place. Need permission from owner to set up on property, including Town property.
Peddler—moves with parade—$200 fee even for non-profit organizations.
Application—Fill out with name of adult person or persons in charge.
Letter to Chief indicating organization, what fundraiser is for, names of students participating, where will be set up.
Public fingerprinting is scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6:00–8:00 PM and Saturday from 10:00AM- 12:00 PM. Once you have obtained all the preceding information, including your tracking number from Flexcheck, please call the department prior to your arrival to verify appointment openings and ensure a detective is available. Your appointment should last approximately 15 minutes.