The mission of the Finance Department is to provide timely and accurate financial information to all members of the Public, Elected Officials, Town Departments and all Boards and Commissions; in an effort to promote better decision making and fiscal resource management; while maintaining a high level of compliance with the Town Charter, State Statute, Federal Regulations, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Government Accounting Standards.
Primary Programs & Services
- Provides support to the First Selectman, the Town Council and the Board of Finance during the preparation and review of the Town's Annual Budget.
- Manages the Annual Audit of the Town's Financial Statements and the preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR).
- Schedules the issuance of all authorized and appropriated general obligation bonds; working in conjunction with the First Selectman, bond counsel and the Town's Independent Financial Advisor. This process includes the preparation of the Town's Official Statement and meeting with our rating agency to review the Town's financial information to obtain a rating for the bond issue.
- Reports budget vs. actual revenues and expenditures of the Town to the Board of Finance on a monthly basis for their review.
- Provides support to the Pension Committee in working with our actuary for the preparation of required financial disclosures; and the investment adviser with regard to managing the Town's pension assets for the defined benefit pension plan.
- Processes bi‐weekly payroll for Town employees, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Reconciles all Town bank accounts and prepares the monthly report of cash and investments for the Town Treasurer, which is reported to the Board of Finance.
Phone (203) 452-2800 Ext 1061
Assistant Director of Municipal Finance
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1006