It is the mission of the Fire Marshal’s Office to provide professional Life Safety protection to the citizens of the Town of Monroe. This is done through inspection, prevention, and investigation as provided by state law and regulations.
Primary Programs & Services
- Thorough investigation of all fire incidents in Town as per state law.
- Life Safety Inspections and overall safety of all public and private schools and daycare buildings.
- Life Safety Inspections of all commercial and new construction occupancies in town as regulated by Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 541.
- Issuance of blasting, open burn and campfire permits throughout town.
- New commercial building sprinkler and plan reviews for approval.
- Onsite inspection for underground fuel tanks and installation of new tanks.
Attention Commercial Building Owners - protect your building with a Fire Department Knox Box.
Business owners are reminded that a fire department Knox Box (key box) can be installed on their buildings to allow the fire department access without causing any physical damage. These secured boxes allow the fire department to enter businesses without causing any damage to doors, locks, or windows.
Contact this office for more information and a Knox Box application at 452-2807.
Please contact this Office with questions and/or concerns.
- Fees - Effective July 1, 2020
- Open Burning Permit - 2024
- Open Burning Regulations
- Camp Fire Permit - 2024
- Daily Forest Fire Danger Report
Deputy Fire Marshals
Phone (203) 452-2800 Ext.1047
Office: (203) 452-2807
Fax: (203) 452-2961