The Economic Development Department is focused on community and economic development efforts for Monroe’s businesses and residents. Similar to other Town departments, EDD will support the mission, and further the policies of, its corresponding Commission.
Primary Programs & Services
- Oversee economic development efforts in the Town with an acute focus on increasing the grand list, expanding the commercial tax base, and reducing the tax burden on residents.
- Collaborate with realtors, developers, and other state, regional, and local agencies to attract new commercial development to the Town that is consistent with our Plan of Conservation & Development, community character, and quality of life.
- Actively support the retention of existing commercial businesses.
- Coordinate with, and assist applicants in, navigation of the permitting process.
- Oversee the research, analysis and availability of grant opportunities to support community and economic development. Organize and prepare grant proposals and applications.
- Provide assistance to other departments with programmatic grant reporting.
- Oversee and review all financial grant reporting.
- Lead efforts to identify potential regulatory and procedural revisions to encourage responsible development within a business‐friendly setting.
- Provide general project management and oversight of economic development efforts, expansion and changes to existing businesses, grants, and various assigned special projects.
- Monroe Town Profile
- Monroe Chamber of Commerce
- Monroe Business Listings
- Launch of Business.CT.gov
- State of Connecticut Information for Businesses
- Access Industry Support
- Textiles Recycling Information
Director of Economic & Community Development
Chairman of Economic Development Commission
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Instagram