The office of the Tax Collector’s Department mission is to serve the public in a courteous and efficient manner while providing the tax collection effort in conformance with applicable state statutes.
Primary Programs & Services
- Collect current and delinquent taxes, representing over 92% of the total revenue for the Town.
- Mailing of tax bills, delinquent notices, balance due notices and intent to lien notices.
- Conduct tax sales.
- Process Certificate of Corrections and transfers.
- Track escrow and delinquent accounts, bankruptcies, and refunds. Produce and file tax liens.
- Interface with DMV, collection agencies, and auditors.
- Provide regular reporting to the Board of Finance and Director of Finance.
- Coordinate with vendor and Parks and Recreation Department for distribution of park stickers.
The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Mill Rate is 36.86 on Real Estate and Personal Property and 32.46 on Motor Vehicles.
Tax Payments may be made online for a convenience fee. 100% of all convenience fees go directly to the processing company:
- Credit/Debit Card Convenience Fee: 2.99% of the payment.
- Credit/Debit Card Convenience Fee minimum $3.95.
- e-Check Fee: 95 Cents, regardless of the payment amount.
Click Here to View and Pay all Tax Bills Online
For more information on your tax payments, please contact the Tax Collector’s Office at 203-452-2804.
Monroe Tax Collector's Office
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
Monday-Thursday 8:30 to 4:30 Friday 8:30 to 1:30
Deborah Heim, CCMC
Phone: (203) 452-2804